TO KNOW CHRIST AND TO MAKE HIM KNOWN

TO KNOW CHRIST AND TO MAKE HIM KNOWN

Monday, March 3, 2014

The New "I Am"




I am an American
I want what I deserve.
I deserve what I want.
I am an American

I deserve medications that cost millions to discover, test and approve for little to nothing.
I deserve medical procedures for free that cost millions to create, manufacture and operate.
I deserve free medical care from those who went to 8 or more years of medical school and spent thousands of dollars to educate themselves for my benefit. 

I am an American
I want what I deserve
I deserve what I want 
I am an American

I deserve a paycheck even when I do not work.
I deserve nutritional foods that cost our farmers thousands of hours to produce for little to no cost to myself. 
I deserve vouchers, food stamps, deals, coupons and others to work in order to enable me to eat.

I am an American
I want what I deserve
I deserve what I want
I am an American

I deserve an education even if I do not work hard when given the chance to have an education.
I deserve nice schools equipped with the latest and greatest educational tools at someone else's expense. 
I deserve recognition for my existence and rewards for just being me.
I deserve good grades, nice teachers, no bullies and constant concern for my opinions even when I have no idea what I am talking about. 

I am an American
I want what I deserve
I deserve what I want
I am an American

I deserve happiness even if it costs you yours.
I deserve comfort even if it costs you yours.
I deserve money even it it costs you yours.
I deserve peace even if it costs you yours.
I deserve your admiration, your respect and your acknowledgement even when I have done nothing to be admired, respected or recognized for.
I deserve to make the team about me instead of about “we.”


I am an American
I want what I deserve
I deserve what I want
I am an American

I deserve a family that is all about me.
I deserve a church that is all about me.
I deserve a school that is all about me.
I deserve a government that is all about me. 
I deserve a world that is all about me.
I deserve a universe that is all about me.
I deserve a god that is all about me.

I am an American
I want what I deserve
I deserve what I want
I am an American

I deserve life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness as defined by myself, at no cost to myself even though it costs others their lives to ensure this freedom. 
I deserve the best military in the world to protect….me,
I deserve the most sophisticated defensive weapons to defend my rights, my freedoms and my desires. 
I deserve to have others die so I could live. 

I am an American
I want what I deserve
I deserve what I want
I am an American

I deserve to be entertained,
I deserve to be amused.
I deserve others to take excellent care of me even tough I neglect myself.
I deserve to be served even though I serve no one. 

I am an American
I want what I deserve
I deserve what I want
I am an American

I deserve a home to protect me even though I refuse to use my money to purchase it.
I deserve heat at subsidized rates.
I deserve water that has been guaranteed clean delivered to my sink for free.
I deserve the garbage I create to be cleaned up by others.

I am an American
I want what I deserve
I deserve what I want
I am an American


I deserve respect even though I done nothing to gain it.
I deserve honor even though I live dishonorably.
I deserve admiration even while doing nothing to admire.
I deserve affirmation though doing nothing remarkable.

I am an American
I use the world and its resources for me
I use my friends to my benefit.
I use my church to benefit me.
I use my charitable giving to benefit my financial and social standing. 
I use the wealth my forefathers accumulated, like a spoiled rich child who was given all things, regardless of my character.
I use others to make my life better

I am an American
I want what I deserve
I deserve what I want
I am an American



One day we will wake up from the American dream and find that it was a nightmare when God  grants our prayers and desires and actually give us what we deserve. We have not realized that all we have, that is good is given to us to by God and his mercy is offered in order that we might not get what we deserve, while His grace is given to allow us abundantly more than we could ever deserve. 

If we are ever to make America great again we need to make America about God, not me. 

It is time for us, as individuals, families, churches, neighborhoods, counties, cities, states and as a nation to repent for even though God is patient, He is not tolerant.  If we keep insisting on getting what we deserve we may just be granted this request.

“ ….if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.”  (2 Chronicles 7:14 ESVST)











1 comment: