TO KNOW CHRIST AND TO MAKE HIM KNOWN

TO KNOW CHRIST AND TO MAKE HIM KNOWN

Tuesday, March 20, 2018

God, my Rock

To you, O Lord, I call; my rock, be not deaf to me, lest, if you be silent to me, I become like those who go down to the pit. Hear the voice of my pleas for mercy, when I cry to you for help, when I lift up my hands toward your most holy sanctuary.  Psalm 28:1-2 (ESV)
Whom or what do you call on in times of trouble if you have ignored God all your life? People who ignore God would cry out to the rocks to kill them, and have the rocks ignore them, for the rocks are not in charge of life or death, and are subject to God. During their lives people who have ignored God have lived futile lives, and at the end of their lives they depend on meaningless and silly things to relieve their suffering.
When one lives without God, they become god. If they live long enough, thinking the world revolves around them, they actually begin to trust in themselves. In the end, they are most miserable.
The universe is in sync with God. We need to observe and do likewise.

No comments:

Post a Comment