TO KNOW CHRIST AND TO MAKE HIM KNOWN

TO KNOW CHRIST AND TO MAKE HIM KNOWN

Tuesday, May 15, 2018

The Examined Life

So he made their days vanish like a breath, and their years in terror. When he killed them, they sought him; they repented and sought God earnestly. They remembered that God was their rock, the Most High God their redeemer. But they flattered him with their mouths; they lied to him with their tongues. Their heart was not steadfast toward him; they were not faithful to his covenant.  Psalm 78:33-37 (ESV)
A life that vanishes like a breath is a tragic life. It is likened to a life that has chased the wind and has actually caught it. There is a bleak nothingness that accompanies this thought.
It is easy for mankind to talk of repentance, and it is much harder to repent. So often we try to play “Let’s Make A Deal” with God, when, in reality, He has already made the deal.
I need to examine my life and allow it to tell me what I actually believe. Talk is easy, cheap, and can be manipulative. Actions can be put on display for the crowd, and my heart is deceitful and wicked. I need to always have a way to check what is true.

No comments:

Post a Comment