TO KNOW CHRIST AND TO MAKE HIM KNOWN

TO KNOW CHRIST AND TO MAKE HIM KNOWN

Tuesday, July 14, 2020


Now there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon, and this man was righteous and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel, and the Holy Spirit was upon him. And it had been revealed to him by the Holy Spirit that he would not see death before he had seen the Lord's Christ. And he came in the Spirit into the temple, and when the parents brought in the child Jesus, to do for him according to the custom of the Law, he took him up in his arms and blessed God and said, “Lord, now you are letting your servant depart in peace, according to your word; for my eyes have seen your salvation that you have prepared in the presence of all peoples, a light for revelation to the Gentiles, and for glory to your people Israel.”  Luke 2:25-32 (ESV)
Here it was: a man who lived looking for Jesus, a promise kept, a life fulfilled.
As much as things have changed in our world, the more they have remained the same. Today I can choose to look for Jesus and wait upon Him until I see Him, and He has promised that if I truly seek Him, I will find Him. When I find Him, I will rejoice in the promise kept and have a fulfilled life.
This is something I can do over and over again. Regardless of the circumstances of life, my life can be one of hope, significance, and security. These things depend upon my choices, not my luck

No comments:

Post a Comment