TO KNOW CHRIST AND TO MAKE HIM KNOWN

TO KNOW CHRIST AND TO MAKE HIM KNOWN

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Looking in the Mirror

Do not take to heart all the things that people say, lest you hear your servant cursing you. Your heart knows that many times you yourself have cursed others.
(Ecclesiastes 7:21-22 ESVST)

This verse holds the key to a leader's sanity. If anyone is in leadership, they will be doubted. In fact, many who are under your authority believe that they can do your job better than you, and  all whom you serve could give you a lesson on how to serve them better.

Everybody wants to have their voice heard, but they do not really mean that they want you to hear them. They want to you listen to them and do what they say. If not, they will claim that you do not listen to them.

A leader hears many voices and, probably, actually listens to them, but in the end, he still needs to make a decision that he alone is responsible to make, and for which he alone will stand accountable for before God.

I have been guilty of criticizing leaders, and was wrong to do so, for my information was limited, and my criticism was to enhance what those around me thought of me. When I focus on me, it always turns out poorly.

No comments:

Post a Comment