TO KNOW CHRIST AND TO MAKE HIM KNOWN

TO KNOW CHRIST AND TO MAKE HIM KNOWN

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Made to be hungry?

So I became great and surpassed all who were before me in Jerusalem. Also my wisdom remained with me. And whatever my eyes desired I did not keep from them. I kept my heart from no pleasure, for my heart found pleasure in all my toil, and this was my reward for all my toil. Then I considered all that my hands had done and the toil I had expended in doing it, and behold, all was vanity and a striving after wind, and there was nothing to be gained under the sun.
(Ecclesiastes 2:9-11 ESVST)

This was said by one who actually had it all, not one who wanted it all. If you dream about having it all, you are never satisfied with what you have, and then, when you get it all, you miss the hungry years, for there is a wonderful satisfaction that only takes place in the struggle, and is not available to the victor.

Perhaps we were made to be hungry and not satisfied. Perhaps we were made to work and not rest. Perhaps our only satisfaction can come from enjoying God, and we can never seem to enjoy Him enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment