TO KNOW CHRIST AND TO MAKE HIM KNOWN

TO KNOW CHRIST AND TO MAKE HIM KNOWN

Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Grateful

And he said to them, "When you pray, say: "Father, hallowed be your name. Your kingdom come. Give us each day our daily bread…."  Luke 11:2-3 (ESV)

As we pray, we need to realize that we are talking to God, our Father, who knows everything. He even knows what we are going to pray for and knows our hearts and how often our hearts are indifferent to the many blessings He has given us.

When I was a boy, I never went hungry. My parents made sure that we always had enough food. I never lacked proper clothing. I was not concerned with paying the utility bills and I knew nothing of insurance, mortgages, taxes, and the like.

When I was a boy, I took all that was provided for me for granted. I did not understand life any other way, and I thought that all children lived in a similar circumstance. My parents made sure I was cared for and that I did not need to worry. I lived in the USA, where the most deprived people were often richer than many others in the world.

It is easy to get used to provisions and even consider them a "right." Yet, Jesus is reminding us that it is healthy to acknowledge the sources of blessing, and God is ultimately the one responsible for such things. 

Grateful people are usually generous and kind people, for they know that all they have has been given them and that their Father has plenty more available. Today, I choose to be grateful

No comments:

Post a Comment