TO KNOW CHRIST AND TO MAKE HIM KNOWN

TO KNOW CHRIST AND TO MAKE HIM KNOWN

Wednesday, October 14, 2020

I need to act like He loves me

 

Then turning to the disciples he said privately, "Blessed are the eyes that see what you see! I tell you that many prophets and kings desired to see what you see, and did not see it, and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it."  Luke 10:23-24 (ESV)

Sometimes I focus on what I do not have, rather than what I do have. Sometimes I focus on my fears, rather than my hopes. Sometimes I focus on what I do not know, rather than what I do know.

During those times, I am depressed, angered, confused, and often lonely, because that is the fruit of focusing on lies.

The truth always sets us free, lies always entangle us, often, in ways from which it seems impossible to get out.

God promises that if I seek Him, I will find Him. If I find Him, I will focus on what God has done rather than what is not done, on the hope He gives rather than the fears I have, and on what I know over that by which I am confused.

Life is not as complicated as we make it. It is rather simple. There is a God; I am not Him. He loves me; I need to act like He loves me. 

Learn More at Relate365.com

No comments:

Post a Comment