TO KNOW CHRIST AND TO MAKE HIM KNOWN

TO KNOW CHRIST AND TO MAKE HIM KNOWN

Friday, January 1, 2021

The next generation desperately needs an example.

 

"Pay attention to yourselves! If your brother sins, rebuke him, and if he repents, forgive him, and if he sins against you seven times in the day, and turns to you seven times, saying, ‘I repent’ you must forgive him.”"    Luke 17:3-4 (ESV)

“A father tells us how he once started alone to climb a steep and perilous hill, purposely choosing a time when his children were at play, and when he thought that they would not notice his absence. He was climbing a precipitous path when he was startled by hearing a little voice shout, “Father, take the safest path, for I am following you.” On looking down, he saw that his little boy had followed him, and was already in danger; and he trembled lest the child’s feet should slip before he could get to him and grasp his warm little hand. ‘Years have passed since then,’ he writes, 'but though the danger has passed, the little fellow’s cry has never left me. It taught me a lesson, the full force of which I had never known before. It showed me the power of our unconscious influence, and I saw the terrible possibility of our leading those around us to ruin, without intending or knowing it; and the lesson I learned that morning I am anxious to impress upon all to whom my words may come.’” (Archdeacon Farrar.)

We lead by example. We lead when we think we are not leading. We lead when we follow. We lead when we love. Be careful how you lead. Start by showing those around you how to forgive, for it is best to forgive as we have been forgiven, and the next generation desperately needs an example.

Learn More at Relate365.com

No comments:

Post a Comment