TO KNOW CHRIST AND TO MAKE HIM KNOWN

TO KNOW CHRIST AND TO MAKE HIM KNOWN

Monday, November 23, 2020

Stay dressed for action.....

 

Stay dressed for action and keep your lamps burning, and be like men who are waiting for their master to come home from the wedding feast, so that they may open the door to him at once when he comes and knocks. Blessed are those servants whom the master finds awake when he comes. Truly, I say to you, he will dress himself for service and have them recline at table, and he will come and serve them. If he comes in the second watch, or in the third, and finds them awake, blessed are those servants! But know this, that if the master of the house had known at what hour the thief was coming, he would not have left his house to be broken into. You also must be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.”    Luke 12:35-40 (ESV)

”Our dear friend, Mr. James Smith, whom some of you remember as preaching the Word at Park Street, and afterwards at Cheltenham, when I saw him, some little while before his departure, described himself thus:’“You have seen a passenger that has gone to the station, taken his ticket, all his luggage brought in, all packed up, strapped, directed; and you have seen him sitting with his ticket in his hand, waiting till the train comes up. That,' said he,’“is exactly my condition. I am ready to go as soon as my Heavenly Father pleases to come for me.' And is not that how we should always live—waiting for the Lord’s appearing? Mr. Whitefield used to say, of his well-known order and regularity,’“I like to go to bed feeling that if I were to die to-night, there is not so much as a pair of my gloves out of their proper place.'" (C. H. Spurgeon)

Learn More at Relate365.com

No comments:

Post a Comment