TO KNOW CHRIST AND TO MAKE HIM KNOWN

TO KNOW CHRIST AND TO MAKE HIM KNOWN

Thursday, November 19, 2020

Treasures Purpose

 "Sell your possessions, and give to the needy. Provide yourselves with moneybags that do not grow old, with a treasure in the heavens that does not fail, where no thief approaches and no moth destroys."    Luke 12:33 (ESV)

“Your business—you cannot neglect that. Call to mind the story of the rich English merchant to whom Elizabeth gave some commission of importance, and he demurred to undertake it, saying, 'Please your Majesty, if I obey your behest, what will become of these affairs of mine?’ And his monarch answered,’“Leave those things to me, when you are employed in my service, I will take charge of your business.' So will it be with you. Do but surrender yourself to Christ, and He, of His own free will, takes in hand all your affairs.” (C. H.Spurgeon)

I have nothing that God did not give me. I cannot sustain life. I do not choose the day of my death. I will one day stand before God and give an account for my life, and I will not be able to sway His thoughts. I did not choose my parents, my ethnicity, or the time in history in which I was born.

I am rather meaningless--except for the fact that the creator and sustainer of life loves me, and wants me, and desires to demonstrate His love to me and through me. That fact changes everything, unless I ignore it, of course. For now, the choice is mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment