TO KNOW CHRIST AND TO MAKE HIM KNOWN

TO KNOW CHRIST AND TO MAKE HIM KNOWN

Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Joy in Purpose

 

And he said to all, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will save it. For what does it profit a man if he gains the whole world and loses or forfeits himself?"    Luke 9:23-25 (ESV)

Denying self is easier said than done. For some reason, we keep thinking that the world was created for us, and we are right, however, it was not created because of us, by us, or for us exclusively. God is the creator; I am the created. He created because He loves, but His love is not dependent upon my love. He wants me to be included in His plan, but He does not need me to accomplish His plan.

God made me, and therefore I have a distinction about me that indicates a plan and purpose. I can work my entire life trying to control the people and circumstances around me and end up frustrated because I eventually realize that I can do neither.

My only hope of joy comes in accomplishing the purpose I was created to accomplish. Therefore, that needs to be my life focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment