TO KNOW CHRIST AND TO MAKE HIM KNOWN

TO KNOW CHRIST AND TO MAKE HIM KNOWN

Monday, February 1, 2021

Peter: Correctly Incorrect

 

Now it happened that as he was praying alone, the disciples were with him. And he asked them, “Who do the crowds say that I am?” And they answered, “John the Baptist. But others say, Elijah, and others, that one of the prophets of old has risen.” Then he said to them, “But who do you say that I am?” And Peter answered, “The Christ of God.”   Luke 9:18-20 (ESV)

The most important issue in life is not about what the majority thinks about Jesus, but what I think about Jesus. I will never answer to God as to what others believe. I am not responsible for their belief or lack of belief.

Who is it I say Jesus is? Why?

If I claim that Jesus is God, do I act as if He is God?

I may claim that Jesus is God, yet, in reality, live as if He is not. In that case, I will probably be put through a series of life lessons, as Peter was, in order to get my life in line with what I believe.

Peter was correct in his declaration, but incorrect in his demonstration. It is incredible to watch Jesus work to get the two the same.

Learn More at Relate365.com

No comments:

Post a Comment