TO KNOW CHRIST AND TO MAKE HIM KNOWN

TO KNOW CHRIST AND TO MAKE HIM KNOWN

Friday, February 26, 2021

Know the Mission

 

But Martha was distracted with much serving. And she went up to him and said, “Lord, do you not care that my sister has left me to serve alone? Tell her then to help me.” But the Lord answered her, “Martha, Martha, you are anxious and troubled about many things, but one thing is necessary. Mary has chosen the good portion, which will not be taken away from her.”    Luke 10:40-42 (ESV)

Satan does not seem to care how he distracts us. He just wants to distract us.

If you send me to the store to pick up a gallon of milk, and while I am there, I get distracted by all the other goodies I see, and I come home without the milk, I failed my mission.

It is not as if the other goodies are all bad, or even unnecessary. It is that I never achieved the goal that was set before me, which made me look and feel foolish.

Life is the same. We were created to love God and each other, and there are many other nice things that on which we can focus, and in which we can be involved, so we need to be careful.

We need to know the mission, stay focused on the mission, and enjoy the eventual results of the mission. For now, the choice is mine.

.

Learn More at Relate365.com

No comments:

Post a Comment