TO KNOW CHRIST AND TO MAKE HIM KNOWN

TO KNOW CHRIST AND TO MAKE HIM KNOWN

Monday, February 22, 2021

Simple Truths Are Best

 

In that same hour he rejoiced in the Holy Spirit and said, “I thank you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that you have hidden these things from the wise and understanding and revealed them to little children; yes, Father, for such was your gracious will."   Luke 10:21 (ESV)

Sometimes we lose the simple or common because it is simple and common. We often complicate the simple to make us look brilliant. Many look for something new and undiscovered in the Scriptures that they can teach in order to somehow show their superior understanding.

However, the most profound thoughts are the simple thoughts. There is a God; I am not Him. I am sinful, separated from God, and helpless on my own. God gives me a choice, because He loves me. In the beginning God, not Dave, not ______.

I do not need to dwell on the complicated when those who are truly wise are those who master the simple. Simple truths are best and the easiest to understand. I need to focus on understanding them and applying them, and all will be well.

Learn More at Relate365.com

No comments:

Post a Comment