TO KNOW CHRIST AND TO MAKE HIM KNOWN

TO KNOW CHRIST AND TO MAKE HIM KNOWN

Thursday, April 1, 2021

The Fruits Of Despair

 

Someone in the crowd said to him, “Teacher, tell my brother to divide the inheritance with me.” But he said to him, “Man, who made me a judge or arbitrator over you?”  And he said to them, “Take care, and be on your guard against all covetousness, for one's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions.”  Luke 12:13-15 (ESV)

If I am focusing on what others have, I am usually miserable because I have focused on how I have missed out and the injustice of the “less deserving” who are enjoying “stuff” more than I am. When I focus on what other have, I feel cheated, unimportant, and insignificant.

I do not seem to focus on others who have a terminal disease, were born in a third world country and who barely have enough food for the day, or those who are left to scavenge the garbage dumps to feed their families.

My focus determines much about how I feel about this life, and I get to choose on that which I focus. If I would look at God’s mercy and grace, which is abundantly available to all, I will be fine. If I focus on the temporal, I will be a mess.

The fruits of despair, anger, and jealousy are not fruit of the Spirit, so when they are present in our lives, we need to repent and realign our thinking. For now, the choice is mine.

Learn More at Relate365.com

No comments:

Post a Comment